International Tourism Marketing
The United States is the world's #1 outbound travel market.
To maximize sales of your overseas tourism products to audiences in New England and the USA, you need to have a strong, localized online presence in the New England and other US tourism markets now.
Localization and translation of websites and other advertising and promotional materials is a key strategy for success in international markets, especially when you‘re selling products or services:
- to precisely-targeted market segments, and/or
- for which customer relationship management is important.
Your website is a 24-hour-a-day salesperson for the services you're offering. It must be able to explain your offerings to cross-border prospects, and convince them to buy from you instead of one of your many competitors. To be effective, localization needs to be undertaken in close coordination with marketers "on the ground" in the target location.
ACRO Global can provide expert localization of your international website for the New England and US markets.
Localization and branding
- Products/services are branded for differentiation from competitors.
- Copy, images and colors create the brand.
- No one single choice of copy, images and colors is universally optimal; American cultural preferences must be recognized and accommodated.
- Tax laws differ among markets.
- Each country has its own laws with regard to marketing, advertising, credit, etc.
- Half of the orders placed with U.S. e-commerce sites go unfilled as a result of order-processing failures (payment methods, currency conversions, or fulfillment problems)
- Date and time conventions vary.
- Payment methods vary.
- Currency exchange rates are ever-changing.
- Differing moral standards affect the acceptability of content and advertising.
- The USA does not use the metric system to express weights, sizes or distances.
Blog Posts About International Tourism Marketing by David H. Boggs
Or, if you have questions about International Marketing or Localization that we haven't answered:
Please use the form below to send them to me, and I'll get back to you shortly. Please complete all 3 form fields - thanks! - David